To know how long Melbourne conveyancing takes first requires you to know what conveyancing is.
What is Melbourne conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the process of preparing for and attending to the transfer of a property from one person in exchange for payment from another person. The time at which the exchange occurs is called ‘settlement’.
How long does it take to prepare for settlement for a property in Victoria?
The timeframe to prepare for a Victorian property settlement varies from one transaction to another. It is based around the date or timeframe that you have agreed with the seller to settle the property.
Settlement is the date you become the owner of the property in exchange for paying the balance of the purchase price.
If, for example, you bought a property in Melbourne that is due to settle in 60 days, your Melbourne conveyancer has 60 days to prepare for settlement. If the property settlement is due in 30 days, your Melbourne conveyancer has 30 days to prepare for settlement.
How long does a settlement in Victoria take?
Settlement takes place online using an online platform called Property Exchange Australia, also known as ‘PEXA’.
When the property is ready to settle online at the scheduled time, the settlement itself can take between 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
Once the settlement is complete, the property is transferred and at the same time, the balance of purchase price is paid.
How Melbourne conveyancing works when done well
The process of preparing for settlement takes time. However, it doesn’t have to be hard.
In fact, the conveyancer in Melbourne you choose should make your life easy through to settlement. An experienced conveyancer in Melbourne or an experienced conveyancing lawyer in Melbourne will:
- act quickly to advise you of the steps and conveyancing process to prepare for settlement, so that you know what to expect from the outset and are not left in the dark
- give you an upfront estimate of the types of fees you are required to pay at settlement, so that you can budget accordingly
- promptly issue you settlement-related documents to sign, so that you’re not rushing around to get paperwork in last minute
- work with your lender to arrange settlement so you don’t have to do it yourself
- be transparent and open with you about conveyancing fees
- patiently guide you along the way through to settlement
- provide a personalised and supportive one-on-one service, so that you're dealing with one person, and can rest easy knowing they’ve got your back and genuinely care about you and your needs.
That’s exactly what we do at Proptech Legal. Our Melbourne conveyancing solicitors are dedicated in providing the best, supportive conveyancing service in Melbourne to our clients and achieving a smooth and final Victorian property settlement.
Need an online conveyancing quote?
Get your quick and easy online conveyancing quote by calling (03) 8832 8032 today. Or why not engage us directly through our website in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Visit www.proptechlegal.com.au and grab a quote
Step 2: Select the service you want to cart
Step 3: Checkout and proceed to payment. Done!